Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A Few Shelby's

Our final destination this past weekend was Buchanan Resort near Paris Landing, TN.  When I was a kid, I went here every summer with my dad and the Shelby side of my family. I haven't been back in probably 20 years so going this weekend for a Shelby family reunion was lots of fun. There had been several changes to the resort but a lot has stayed the same. I was also excited to see lots of my extended family that I hadn't seen in many years. There was about half that Glen and the kids had never even met.  We all had fun swimming, hanging out at the pool, going out on the boat, staying up late visiting and having a big grill out. The kids met new cousins and made new friends. It was surreal to see my kids playing and experiencing the same memories that I have of growing up at the resort. Now it is my turn to sit back and watch them make their own memories. 
Everyone visiting while the meat is grilling


Glen was voted on as one of the grill masters for the cook out. He did a fabulous job! :)


Mama Francis, the oldest "Shelby" at the reunion

Miller Shelby, my 1st cousins son, aka- Nathan Shelby mini






Walker Shelby, isn't he adorable!


Makenzie loved catching up with "Aunt Cori" 
Makenzie told Cori she would come live with her if she got a boat. Cori said "DONE!" 


No comments: