Friday, June 22, 2012

Gulf Coast Bible Camp

Unpacked and ready!
This year was Wesley's first year to go to camp.  I have already told you how hard this was on me so I will not expound on that anymore.  However, he did call me on Tuesday night which was a WONDERFUL surprise!  It was a 10 min one-sided conversation.  Which was just fine by me because he couldn't stop talking about all the fun  he was having.  It was GREAT to hear his voice. :) On Wednesday, Hilary, the camp nurse, called me to let me know that Wesley had a 103 temp. I was NOT expecting that phone call! The poor little guy was sick and he had slept most of the morning.  So Glen and I headed out to camp to pick up our little man.  We thought he might "fight" us when we told him he was going home, but he didn't say a word. He just laid his head on his daddy and let Glen carry him to the car.  Later that day, we were filled in on ALL of the weeks activities.  We are SO happy he had so much fun! He hasn't stopped talking about "what he will do NEXT year at camp".  When we ask Makenzie if she is going to go to camp next year, all she says is "only if mommy comes too"!  I told her that I would come because I didn't think my emotions would hold up sending BOTH to camp! I am so thankful that there is a christian camp close by that we can send our children too.  I know this is truly a blessing. I know this is only year 1 of many!
Water balloon game- you better know everyone's name!


What happened to the sponge?!?! Sponge relay
He is a great eater!
Best Buds!
"I got MAIL!"
A little bit of temp art work on his back
He picks Mario



MCS Cabin Buddies
His first craft- leather necklace. He LOVED arts and crafts!





They thought he was just tired, however he was actually sick :(



Thank you Connor for taking care of my little man!


I want to say "THANK YOU" to Rachel Lunsford and Jessica Smith for taking these pictures so I can have a glimpse of my son's first year at camp. Thank you ladies!


No comments: