Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A little escape from reality


LOTS OF GLITTER!
Glitter and nail polish



On Tuesday, Makenzie and I had a mommy & daughter day. We started the day at Smilz-n-Stylz with a princess makeover. Makenzie was in HEAVEN! She loves dressing up and getting all "dolled up". She kept asking me all day if her lipstick was off and if it was I needed to re-apply it. Hahaha!


Lipstick time
Make-up!





After she was all "dolled up", I let her pick where we would go for lunch. Of all places to pick, she picked Cracker Barrel! I wasn't going to complain! It wasn't McDonald's                   or Chick-fil-a!  We had fun talking about (as she called it) girlie stuff. 

When we finished lunch I asked her if she wanted to go shopping with some of her money she got from graduation. Well, what can I say, she's my child, she said "YES!" Off we went to Kohl's and Target. After a few hours of shopping she finally decided on getting 2 movies. Which we then went straight home so she could watch them.

After a very long month, and the news we received yesterday morning of Glen's granny passing away, a little escape from reality was greatly needed.





No comments: