Monday, June 18, 2012

A long weekend...

June has been a very emotionally draining month. This past week alone, we have dealt with the lost of our friend JB, we have sent Wesley off to Bible camp for the first time and now Glen's granny isn't suppose to make it much longer. With all of the emotions flowing, it was a VERY welcomed treat to see my sisters this weekend. It was nice to hang out with them and get my mind off of everything else that was going on in my life.
Abby drove in from Dallas on Tuesday night and came by the house to get the kids. I didn't see them again till Thursday. Then Rae and Chris drove in late Thursday night and stayed till Sunday. The kids were SO excited to see their aunts and uncle! They had so much fun playing with them and going on "adventures". They even took them to Dauphin island for the day. My kids are beach babies so going to the beach is ALWAYS a plus! On Friday we celebrated birthdays and Mothers Day since my sisters were here. Mom and Rae both got Thirty- one bags monogrammed. I think they LOVED them! ( thanks Sheri!)



Saturday was our much anticipated day, our new AC unit was being installed! YAY!!! We are SO happy to have a new one since the one we had has an antique sticker on it! Lol! Oh the cool air :)
However, JB's funeral was also on Saturday. Because of that, Glen's sister and family came into town. SO the kids had a nice surprise Saturday afternoon when they arrived at Gran's and all their cousins were there. Like always, it is great to see and spend time with family, but we prefer it to be under better circumstances.
A VERY excited little boy!
After an emotional roller coaster week, I spent Saturday evening packing up my baby for camp. I would catch myself crying as I was writing his initials in his clothing. I kept thinking it would get easier but it hasn't. Driving out to camp was very hard too. I know he will have fun and will learn a ton. I want him too. But that doesn't change the fact that he is only 7 and that there are still So many things that he doesn't know about or how to do on his own. For example, Sunday morning he woke up with his legs hurting from growing pains. He knows that mommy and daddy know what to do so he comes to us for help. He still relies on us so much. I know he will probably take only one shower, and that is because the counselor will make him. I know he will have the same clothes on when I pick him up that he had on when we dropped him off (underwear and all!). I know that he will eat junk all week out of the canteen. If I didn't expect those things to happen then I wouldn't send him. But I also haven't gone a week with out talking to him or at least hearing his voice. This is going to be a VERY long week...

The kids did do one project this week for Glen for Father's day.  The kids had so much fun painting their feet and then surprising daddy with it! I am pretty proud of it myself :)



Glen and I have both said that we need an escape- vacation. So, we are in 2 weeks for our 10 year anniversary. Trust me, it can NOT get here soon enough!




Mom with her girls. I LOVE this picture!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Love you! Glad I got to see you!